Giraffe Facilities Maintenance Pty Ltd is committed to achieving the highest standard performance of its Health Safety and Environmental Management for its employees, sub-contractors, visitors and clients. We recognise that safety is a key performance indicator and that if we are to achieve our operating and business objectives in the most effective and efficient way, adherence to high standards of HSE performance is essential.
It is our aim to protect personnel from injury, illness and hardship to establish environmental standards that meet or surpass recognised standards and to demonstrate by our safety record that we are a caring company.
Our policy objectives will be achieved by:
• Giving due consideration to issues of Health & Safety management in all stages of planning, design and construction to incorporate systems to eliminate for control hazards
• Commit sufficient resources for the effective implementation of safety management systems in all areas of operation
• Ensure all personnel are competent and suitably skilled to undertake the duties for which they are employed in a productive and environmentally friendly and safe manner
• Maintain the development of a continuous program of education and training to enhance skills and increase HSE awareness
• Collectively support and participate in the promotion of pro-active HSE management systems and strive for continual improvement through audit and evaluation programs
• Ensure all management levels and the workforce understand and accept their health, safety and environmental responsibilities and are held accountable for those matters within their control
• Provide an effective system of injury and environmental rehabilitation
• Only engage competent sub-contractors who can demonstrate HSE management systems that complement our own high standards
The responsibility for continually upgrading Giraffe Facilities Maintenance Pty Ltd system and procedures lies with the Operations Manager. The ultimate responsibility for the implementation of this policy rests with the Director.